Know All About CIDCO Housing Scheme 2022
The City and Industrial Development Corporation (CIDCO) is a town planning authority set up by the Maharashtra government. It regularly introduces new schemes to provide superior housing solutions to the people of the state. Each year, CIDCO launches housing projects in a specific region as part of its area development objectives. These are then sold at discounted rates to the economically weaker sections through a lottery scheme.
What Is CIDCO Housing Lottery Scheme 2022?
This year, CIDCO announced its housing lottery scheme on 26th January 2022. It aims to build 5,730 housing units at Taloja in Navi Mumbai. Of these, 4,206 flats will be allocated for the LIG category and 1,524 flats for the EWS category, as per CIDCO’s 60:40 ratio for unit distribution.
Eligibility Criteria for CIDCO Housing Scheme 2022
There are two predefined categories for CIDCO scheme eligibility – Category 1 is for the Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) and Category 2 is for the Low-Income Group (LIG). An applicant, who wishes to apply for a CIDCO house, must fulfil the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants under EWS category can be individuals or families with a monthly income under Rs.25,000.
- Similarly, a person or family can apply under LIG category if their monthly salary is between Rs.25,000 and Rs.50,000.
Documents Required for CIDCO Housing Scheme
The CIDCO lottery scheme requires minimal documentation. Here is the complete list of documents necessary to apply for the scheme:
- Income proof, such as salary statement, bank statement or business proof
- Domicile certificate
- Aadhar card
- PAN card
- Voter ID
- Bank details
How to Apply for CIDCO Housing Scheme
The CIDCO scheme application process is fairly quick and easy. However, keep the requisite documents handy, as mentioned above, before you fill out the form. The step-by-step process is given below:
- Visit the official CIDCO portal https://cidco.maharashtra.gov.in/.
- Select the ‘Click here for Estate Online Services’ option on the left side of the home page.
- Submit the online CFC application as per instructions on the page. Enter information about your node, sector, block, and plot number to check your scheme eligibility.
- Now, click on ‘Apply Scheme’ to fill out your application form. Type in the essential details as asked, such as name, address, street number, city, postal code, mobile number, email ID, identification number, GST number, and transferee details.
- Click on ‘Submit’ to view the ‘Receipt of Transfer’.
- Select the ‘Click Here’ button and access the link provided on the page.
- Enter the application number and attach the form. Upload the application file as mentioned.
- Click the ‘Agree’ option on the self-declaration form to complete the process. You will receive regular updates on your email and phone regarding the application status.
How to Check CIDCO 2022 Lottery Result
Applicants must wait until the draw to know if they have been accepted for the CIDCO lottery home. They can check the results online in a few simple steps as listed below:
- Go to the official CIDCO website.
- Click the ‘Accepted Applications’ tab on the home page.
- Enter user details.
- Click ‘View’ beside the relevant lottery name.
- Select the scheme code and category and click ‘View’.
- Check the list for your name and application number.
In case, your name does not appear on the list, your money will be refunded directly to your bank account if you used a credit/debit card to make the payment. However, if you paid through a demand draft or DD, then your refund will be done via DD.
Procedure to Follow After Approval of CIDCO Lottery
Once your application for the CIDCO housing lottery has been approved, these important points must be kept in mind:
- CIDCO will notify you by post through a ‘First Intimation Letter’.
- You will then need to submit the necessary documents as per the list.
- After submission and verification of the documents, CIDCO will issue a ‘Provisional Offer Letter’.
- You have to make a part payment on the flat within the stipulated time to get the allotment letter.
- Next, you must pay stamp duty and registration charges for the house and submit a copy of the same to the CIDCO office.
- Upon completion of the above steps, you will receive the possession letter.
Can You Sell CIDCO Flats?
The Maharashtra government plans to legalise the process of selling and transferring flats allotted under the CIDCO scheme. Presently, owners cannot sell their CIDCO homes during the first five years of taking possession. Now with the amnesty scheme, buyers who have given power of attorney for the transfer of their lottery flats can legalise the transaction, before the completion of the specified time span.
Read Also: All You Need to Know About CIDCO Scheme 2022
CIDCO has already begun accepting housing scheme registrations for the present year from 26th January 2022. The last date for filling in the online applications is 25th February 2022. CIDCO homes are much sought after for their quality construction and cost-effective projects that promise a better life to the financially-challenged sections of the society. If you wish to own a CIDCO flat, simply visit the website for all the updated information and apply online.